Last Revised on March 29, 2019
- TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following categories of information:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, including Personal Information such as your name, email address, username and password. “Personal Information” means information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual, such as the individual’s name, postal address, email address and telephone number. When Anonymous Information is directly or indirectly associated with Personal Information, this Anonymous Information also is treated as Personal Information. When information can be linked and identifies an individual, then those pieces of information are likewise Personal Information. “Anonymous Information” means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual user.
- Information you provide to us when you access or use the Services and each time you interact with the Services or Spiff, for example, when you update information in your control panel, communicate with us by telephone or email, and order or download new products or service. Such information includes your payment information. We also store information about the products you purchase through the Services, such as the product information, date of purchase, usage information and information relating to any support issue.
- Information you provide in public forums through the Services, including using our review, comment, post or similar functionality.
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your IP address or device identifier when you use the Services. If you access your account from a mobile device, that mobile device may also provide us with details of your location. Most mobile devices allow you to disable this functionality.
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
- We collect information through unique identifiers (such as IP address or your mobile device advertising identifier).
- Strictly necessary cookies – These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website and remembering which files you have marked for backup. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like security or e-billing, cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies – These cookies collect information about how you use the website. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you and are only used to improve how the website works.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make, such as the configuration of your computer, to provide enhanced, more personal features.
- Other Technologies – We may also use other Internet technologies, such as web beacons or pixel tags and other similar technologies, to deliver or communicate with cookies and analyze your use of the Services. [We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages so that we know when you have opened an email message received from Spiff.]
- Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. Spiff and the Services do not recognize DNT.
- USE OF YOUR INFORMATION BY SPIFF
Spiff may use your data for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the Services and the products and services you request.
- To administer your Spiff account.
- To communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features of the Services or changes to our policies.
- To process payments.
- To ensure consistency with local law and choices and controls that may be available to you.
- To personalize content and experiences and advertising.
- To detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- To optimize or improve the content, products, services, and features of the Services.
- To personalize and improve the Services and user experiences, to increase the functionality and user friendliness of the Services, to deliver content or features that match user profiles or interests.
- To monitor and analyze the Services usage and trends and otherwise measure the effectiveness of the services.
- Spiff may also send you offers and promotions for our products and services provided you have consented to receive these.
- SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHER COMPANIES
We will not share your Personal Information outside Spiff except in limited circumstances, including:
- When you allow us to share your Personal Information with another company, such as directing us to share your Personal Information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites.
- When we share Personal Information with third parties in connection with the sale of a business (including merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a material portion of its assets, change in corporate control, or insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings), to enforce our Terms of Service or rules, to ensure the safety and security of our users and third parties, to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of our users and third parties, to comply with legal process, including judicial warrant, rule, order or subpoena or in other cases if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law or regulation.In addition, we may share Aggregate Information with third parties, however you will not be personally identifiable from such information. “Aggregate Information” means information about groups or categories of users, which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual user. Aggregate Information is not Personal Information.
You may request a notice disclosing the categories of Personal Information we have shared with third parties, and the names of those third parties. To request such notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PUBLIC VENUES AND SEMI-PUBLIC VENUES OF THE SERVICES.
If you use a message board, comment function, conversation pages, blogs, social community environments, profile pages, or other public or semi-public venue or forums of the Services, you will be identified on those venues by the username you submit.
Information you provide on public or semi-public venues, including information you share on third party social networking platforms (such as Facebook or Twitter) may also be viewable by other users of the Services and users of those third party platforms without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party. We cannot be responsible for any Personal Information you choose to post on public or semi-public venues and we recommend careful consideration before you post such information.]
- YOUR CONTROLS AND CHOICES
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:You may correct, update and delete your registration account.
- You may change your choices for newsletters and alerts.
- You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services.
- You may request access to the Personal Information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it.
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your Personal Information, by modifying your profile or by contacting us at email@example.com or following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect Personal Information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions regarding the specific Personal Information about you that we process or retain, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND LINKS
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Services are not intended for use by individuals who cannot enter a legally binding contract. Accordingly, Spiff does not intentionally gather any Personal Information about individuals who are under the age of 18. If you are under 18 years of age or otherwise lack the capacity to enter into a binding contract do not use our Services. If Spiff is informed or otherwise becomes aware that it has collected Personal Information from someone under the age of majority, such information will be deleted promptly.
We do not seek or knowingly collect any Personal Information about children under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
If you are the parent or guardian of a minor child who has provided us with Personal Information, you may contact us using the information below to request it be deleted.
- DATA SECURITY, INTEGRITY AND RETENTION
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
We share information with others as more fully set forth above in Sharing Your Information with Other Companies. We share your information with other parts of our business and with our service providers. See above: Sharing Your Information with Other Companies.
As a California resident, you may contact us with any questions or to request a list of third parties to whom we may disclose information for marketing purposes and the categories of information we may disclose. See Contact Information below.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION
If Spiff is unable to resolve your complaint, you can escalate the issue in accordance with the dispute resolution procedure set out in the “Arbitration and Class Action Waiver” provision in the Terms of Service.
- HOW TO CONTACT US