As a sales professional, staying up-to-date on industry trends and best practices is crucial to becoming a better salesperson. One of the most effective ways to do so is to listen to sales podcasts. Not only can podcasts help you improve your sales skills and discover new tactics, but they also allow you to learn on-the-go, making it easier to fit professional development into your busy schedule.
But, the abundance of podcasts available can be a double edged sword. On one hand, there’s a podcast out there for everyone, whether you’re a seasoned veteran or just starting out. On the other hand, it can be difficult to wade through episode after episode to find a show that resonates with you.
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the best sales podcasts of 2023. That way you can discover new resources to help you stay ahead of the game. So, we invite you to grab your headphones and get ready to learn from the best in the business.
Mental Selling: The Sales Performance Podcast
Psychology plays a pivotal role in sales — which is why we kick off today’s list with a podcast called Mental Selling. The podcast, which launched in 2022, looks beyond the oft-repeated sales tips and best practices and instead examines the mindsets and emotions that drive success.
Each episode features a long-form interview with a sales leader or expert who offers their firsthand insights on a particular topic in the world of sales performance. If you want to learn how to think and feel like the world’s most successful salespeople, Mental Selling’s a podcast you won’t want to miss.
- What the Top 1% of Sales Performers Believe
- Tapping Into Introverts’ Sales Superpowers
- Leveraging Your Social Media Presence for Sales
Recommended reading: The Psychology of an Effective Compensation Strategy [Infographic]
Selling Made Simple
Selling Made Simple is the podcast for sales professionals who don’t have time for podcasts. If you don’t want to listen to hour-long shows only to leave with just a few minutes worth of actionable advice, here’s the antidote.
With only a few exceptions, Selling Made Simple’s episodes are less than 30-minutes long, with an average runtime of anywhere between 4 to 15 minutes. Host Will Baron packs these bite-sized episodes with direct, actionable tips and best practices based on what he’s learned from experts inside and outside the world of sales.
- The Perfect Elevator Pitch — Best Example and Template
- Stop Getting Ghosted By Prospects (Quick-fix!)
- 64% of Sales Rep Anxiety Comes from THIS
Recommended reading: The Sales Leader’s Guide to Using Mutual Action Plans
The Advanced Selling Podcast
Hosted by Bryan Neale and Bill Caskey, two sales coaches– each with more than 20 years of experience, The Advanced Selling Podcast leaves no stone unturned when it comes to covering the tactics that produce long-term sales success.
While Neale and Caskey cover a variety of urgent topics, from the pressure of layoffs to the unique concerns of millennial buyers, each episode centers on at least one specific technique or tactic that any salesperson can implement immediately.
Recommended reading: Using Automation to Address Sales Burnout
Although geared towards RevOps leaders, Value Builders features in-depth interviews that any salesperson will find worth their time. Host Dave Duke speaks with sales executives and thought leaders about effective relationship building, customer-centric strategies, and other building blocks that drive value for modern sales organizations.
Guests include CEOs, CROs, bestselling authors, and successful startup founders. Whether you work in RevOps, are growing a sales startup, or simply want to hear stories from some of the top minds in sales, Value Builders offers plenty to learn from.
- Brent Dykes, Author of Effective Data Storytelling, on using data storytelling to develop a high-performing data culture
- Greg Daines of Total Customer Strategy on why customers renew with suppliers, challenging conventional customer management strategies, and the role Sales plays in driving retention and growth
- Aaron Thompson of Success Coaching on outcome-based selling, what B2B can learn from direct-to-consumer offerings, and the realities of managing an infinite product lifespan with today’s buyers
Recommended reading: Startup Ideas: How the Best Founders Get Them and Why Novelty is Overrated
Conversations with Women in Sales
The late Barbara Giamanco started Conversations with Women in Sales back in 2018, seeking to amplify women’s voices in an industry prone to disproportionately spotlighting male influencers.
Lori Richardson, the acclaimed B2B sales strategist, now hosts the show, where she predominantly interviews saleswomen and entrepreneurs who work in a variety of roles and industries.
Richardson and her guests share firsthand stories of conquering obstacles in the business world, candid discussions about the good and bad of modern sales cultures, and practical advice for salespeople of any gender to advance in their careers.
- An Amazing Leader in the Aviation Industry, Stephanie Chung, Global Brand Ambassador & Speaker
- Rising in Tech Sales Leadership Alongside Motherhood, Tonni Bennett, VP Sales, Daily
- For Best Prospecting Results, Know Your Value Prop and Pain Points, Nancy Calabrese, One of a Kind Sales
Recommended reading: Selling Like a Girl: A Look at Gender Bias in Sales
SaaStr: The Official SaaS Podcast
As surely you’ve guessed, SaaStr is a podcast dedicated to the strategies and philosophies that lead to success in the hyper-competitive world of SaaS.
Every week, Jason M. Lemkin and Harry Stebbings interview both operators and investors to cover SaaS from every angle, from investing to hiring, scaling to growing revenue, and everything in between. SaaStr may be targeted towards SaaS companies, but offers plenty of universal truths and effective strategies for any salesperson to learn from.
- CRO Confidential: How Customer-First Focus Drives Retention and Revenue
- Extreme Product Design: Building Things People Actually Use
- Unveiling the Data Behind Effective Scaling
Recommended reading: Data Visualization: Putting the Design in Comp Plan Design
The Sales Hunter Podcast
Mark Hunter is one of the most well-known thought leaders in sales, having served in leadership roles with multiple Fortune 500 companies before becoming a high-profile consultant and speaker.
He brings all of that experience to The Sales Hunter Podcast, making it one of the most essential shows for both aspiring and established salespeople. The podcast’s schedule alternates between very brief (less than 10 minute) episodes where Hunter shares a handful of quick sales tips, and longer interviews with other distinguished sales experts.
- How Top Performers Sell at Full Price
- Why Sales Needs More Women w/ Lori Richardson
- How Top Performers Use Questions to Close More Deals
Recommended reading: Asking High-Gain Questions to Close Deals Faster
The Failure Factor: Stories of Career Perseverance
Every sales professional faces moments of fear and anxiety throughout their career. What if I miss my quota? What if the deal I’m working on falls through? What if I lose my job?
The Failure Factor aims to help sales professionals get through these periods of self-doubt and turn their fear of the worst case scenario into positive outcomes. Executive coach and therapist Megan Bruneau interviews entrepreneurs and business leaders who share powerful stories and strategies for overcoming fear and capitalizing on past failures.
- Alchemy 43 Founder and CEO Nicci Levy on Seeing “No” as a Starting Point and No One Knowing Your Business Better Than You Do
- MyIntent.org and VoMo Founder Chris Pan on Navigating Depression and Pivoting During the Pandemic
- Blueprint Cleanse founders Zoe Sakoutis and Erica Huss on Believing in Your “Absurd” Idea and Creating a Category
Recommended reading: 5 Sales Quota Setting Methodologies Proven to Drive Revenue
The Sales Hacker Podcast
The Sales Hacker Podcast has been one of the most dependable sources of pertinent information and advice for B2B sales professionals over the past several years. Every week, host Sam Jacobs sits down with executives, company founders, and investors for thought-provoking conversations about sales, business growth, and the economy at large.
For listeners who are short on time, check out the “Friday Fundamentals” bonus episodes, where the week’s guest offers a few quick selling tips in less than 10 minutes.
- Smart Growth for Global Success (with Carl-Erik Michalsen Moberg, CEO and Co-Founder of TicketCo)
- Building Meaningful Connections with Co-Selling (with Alex Buckles, CEO and Co-Founder of Forecastable)
- What You Need to Prepare for in an Uncharted Economy (with Ido Niv-Ron, CRO of Cloudshare)
Recommended reading: The Definitive Guide to Recession Proofing Your Sales Organization
Sell or Die
Hosted by bestselling author Jeffrey Gitomer and sales expert Jennifer Gitomer, Sell or Die explores sales as both an art and a science. In other words, they give equal attention to the step-by-step strategies that lead to success as well as the soft skills that top sales performers share.
Sell or Die also features interviews with successful business leaders in sales, marketing, and personal development.
- Increasing Show Rates & Closing Sales with Calendly’s Kate Ahlering
- The Three Sales Mindsets: The Groove, The Rut & The Grave
- How to Leverage Tech and Build a Seven-Figure Sales Organization
Recommended reading: The ROI of Losing: Rethinking Loss in Sales
One of the most downloaded podcasts on the list, Sales Gravy offers many of the tips and motivational lessons that have made host Jeb Blount one of the foremost thought leaders in the world of sales.
Blount offers advice on everything from specific sales challenges — like meeting with hard-to-reach prospects and improving LinkedIn selling efforts — to the psychological battles that every salesperson faces during their careers. If you’re looking for a quick listen, check out the #AskJeb episodes, where Blount responds to a question from a real-life sales professional in less than 10 minutes.
- The Keys to Leading a Multi-Generational Sales Team
- Reality Testing Sales Pipeline Opportunities
- Be Indispensable to Protect Your Job in a Volatile Economy
Recommended reading: Using a Sales Leaderboard to Motivate Your Team
Self-Helpful is one of the most popular business podcasts in the world, and for good reason. Host Kevin Miller speaks with influencers and changemakers from all walks of life, offering listeners powerful advice for taking the next steps in their career.
While the show is not solely geared towards sales, Self-Helpful’s lessons about managing stress, establishing goals, and pursuing passions will inspire any salesperson to become their best self.
- What You Track You Improve – Even If You Are Not Trying
- Don’t Fall in Love with Success – Fall in Love with the Habits that Create Success
- How to Discern an Idea’s Value by Asking if It’s Useful And/Or True
Recommended reading: Skill vs. Will: When Skill Just Isn’t Enough in Sales
The Sales Evangelist
The Sales Evangelist is a fantastic podcast for sales professionals in the early stages of their careers. Host Donald Kelly may be one of the world’s top sales coaches now, but he once was just another struggling sales rep desperate to turn his career around.
Many of the tips and techniques he offers on The Sales Evangelist are the ones that he himself implemented to become a top performer that consistently closed massive deals.
Featuring interviews with sales experts and business leaders, the show focuses on the steps required for sales reps to separate themselves from the pack and become top earners.
- Chris Beall | The Most Important Objection the Majority of Sellers Trigger & Cannot Handle
- Helen Fanucci | Here’s How Our Team Consistently Shattered Our Multibillion Quota
- Jarrod Best-Mitchell | How I Utilize Personalized Video to Build a Community and Generate Leads
Recommended reading: Objection Handling 101: Handling Sales Objections Like a Pro
Sales Success Stories with Scott Ingram
The Sales Success Stories Podcast is a highly informative and engaging listen– perfect for sales professionals who are seeking insights, inspiration, and practical tips to achieve success in their sales career.
This podcast is hosted by Scott Ingram, who engages in candid conversations with some of the most successful salespeople from different industries, exploring their journeys to success and the strategies that helped them excel in their roles.
Through these conversations, sales professionals can gain valuable insights into effective sales techniques, strategies for building and nurturing client relationships, and tactics for achieving and exceeding sales goals.
What sets the Sales Success Stories Podcast apart is the quality of the guests that Scott Ingram invites to the show. These guests come from a diverse range of backgrounds and industries, and they each share their own unique perspectives on sales success.
- Tim Zielinski- From Individual Contributor to Effective Sales Leader
- Sophisticated Prospecting and the Three T’s of Sales with Tom Barnes
- Lynn Powers of Clari: How Lynnergy & Resilience Help Her Overcome Adversity
Recommended reading: 6 Red Flags that Might Mean Your Best Sales Rep is About to Quit
The Sales Enablement Podcast
With a back catalog of more than 1,000 episodes, The Sales Enablement Podcast is one of the most dependable and prolific podcasts on this list.
Alongside his stellar lineup of guests, B2B sales and management expert Andy Paul explores new skills, evolving trends, and unconventional perspectives that help sales professionals generate the most value possible and helps them to build their dream careers.
- Read Digital Body Language for Personalized Conversations, with Maura Rivera
- Should I Even Try to Hit Quota? with Ralph Barsi
- Win Deals and Create Top Teams Through Experiences with Brit Bartolini
Recommended reading: Sales Turnover: Why Doing Less Costs More [+ Calculator]
While this list of sales podcasts is by no means exhaustive, it provides a great starting point for those who are new to the podcasting world or looking to enhance their sales skills. With a wealth of knowledge and expertise shared by experienced sales professionals and thought leaders, these podcasts offer valuable insights and practical strategies to help sales reps excel in their careers.
So, whether you’re a seasoned sales veteran or a novice looking to improve your skills, tuning into these podcasts is an excellent way to stay on top of the latest trends, strategies, and best practices in the world of sales.
Spiff is a new class of software that creates trust across the organization by delivering real-time automation of commission calculations and motivates teams to drive top-line growth. With a combination of an intuitive UI, real-time visibility, and seamless integrations into current systems, Spiff is the first choice among high-growth businesses. Spiff’s sales commission software enables finance and sales operations teams to self-manage complex incentive compensation plans and provides transparency for sales teams.